Search
Press "Enter" to search and "ESC" to close.

He Had 17 Blows to the Head and Burns: ICE Reveals the Heartbreaking End of a Hispanic Child Under His Uncle’s “Care”

ICE revealed disturbing details in the case of an abused child, where an immigrant is accused of abusing and causing the death of his nephew.
2026-03-17T20:30:06-04:00
Share on FacebookShare on InstagramShare on TwitterShare on TikTokShare on YouTubeShare on WhatsApp
Suscríbete a Nuestro Boletín
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
ICE, Florida, orden de detención MundoNOW, ICE abused child case in Florida
ICE abused child case in Florida - PHOTO: ICE.GOV
  • ICE Issues Immigration Order in Child Abuse Case
  • 3-Year-Old Child Dies
  • Suspect Detained in Florida

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued an immigration detainer against an immigrant accused of abusing and killing his three-year-old nephew.

Authorities identified the suspect as Samuel Antonio Maldonado-Erazo.

According to officials, Maldonado-Erazo is an undocumented immigrant with prior immigration violations.

The case began after the child’s death on March 4.

The boy was three years old.

According to official information, the child had been placed under his uncle’s care after his mother was deported.

The boy’s mother, Wendy Esther Hernandez Reyes, was deported from the United States on January 26.

Authorities say the woman chose not to take the child with her despite the fact that he was a U.S. citizen.

ICE Issues Immigration Detainer in Child Abuse Case

ICE confirmed that it issued an immigration detainer against Maldonado-Erazo.

The order was filed with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office in Florida.

Authorities located the suspect in that jail on March 5.

He was already being held there following his arrest in connection with the case.

ICE reported that Maldonado-Erazo entered the United States illegally in August 2021.

According to authorities, he crossed the border and was released along with his daughter, who is a Honduran national.

Authorities said his wife was later detained.

YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: 11-Year-Old Boy Accused After the Death of His Brother in Colorado

The couple’s three children are currently under the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.

ICE Director Todd M. Lyons described the case as extremely serious.

“This crime is absolutely repugnant,” Lyons said.

The official stated that the child suffered severe abuse before his death.

He also noted that the boy was placed in Maldonado-Erazo’s care after his mother was deported.

Lyons said ICE offers parents the option of being deported together with their children.

The official stated that even with that option available, the mother chose to leave the child in the United States.

Details of the Investigation

ICE, Florida, orden de detención MundoNOW, ICE abused child case in Florida
ICE abused child case in Florida – PHOTO: SHUTTERSTOCK

The child was taken to the hospital after someone called 911.

The call reported that the boy was suffering cardiac arrest.

According to local reports cited by authorities, the suspect took the child to his workplace.

Reports indicate that he ignored signs that the child was suffering.

The boy later died at the hospital.

Authorities said the injuries were consistent with prolonged abuse.

Escambia County Sheriff Chip Simmons described the injuries found on the child.

Among them were multiple blows to the head.

Authorities indicated there were at least 17 impacts in that area.

The child also had extensive bruising.

The report mentions intentional burns.

Authorities said the child had a broken clavicle.

A portion of the pancreas was also damaged due to blunt force trauma.

Several ribs were also found to be broken.

According to the sheriff, one of those ribs had been completely separated from the spine.

The investigation remains central to the ICE abused child case in Florida, which has shocked the local community.

Legal Situation of the Suspect

Authorities said Maldonado-Erazo had no prior criminal record in the United States before this case.

The only violation recorded was his illegal entry into the country.

He is currently facing charges of manslaughter.

ICE stated that it is maintaining an immigration detainer against the suspect.

The agency said it will seek to deport him if he is released.

Authorities also reminded the public that crimes or suspicious activities can be reported.

ICE said tips can be submitted by calling 866-DHS-2-ICE.

People can also complete an online form to report information related to possible crimes.

National
Regresar al Inicio